Community banks are the original business incubators. This country’s entrepreneurial spirit was quite literally funded by community banks. Historically, community banks have been the originator for nearly 60% of business loans made to small and medium companies. Community bankers know their markets and their customers. In honor of Community Banking Month and recognition of current circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, now is an ideal time to strengthen your relationship with a community banker.
But what’s the real difference between our Family-Built, Community Strong local bank and that big bank down the street and on every corner? Relationships, not products. Relationships make the difference, but our products and services are competitive with the big players. Our Village gets a community bank experience with big bank products and services.
These products and services are critical for your business and your family in the circumstances we’re facing:
- Online Banking: Stay home and do your banking online. You can pay bills, check your account balances, transfer funds, view transactions to track your expenses, and more.
- Mobile Banking: Make banking even easier to do at home by using our Village Bank mobile app to check your account balances, pay bills, and more.
- Mobile Check Capture: Get money into your account by making a deposit from your couch, your deck, or anywhere else. Simply log in to your Mobile Banking App, tap the deposits icon, and take a picture of your check. Plus, we are waiving mobile deposit fees during this time to support our community.
Must be signed up for online banking and download Village Bank’s mobile app to use deposit feature. End of Day cutoff for Mobile Deposit is 4:00 pm CST. There is a fee of $0.50 per check deposited and will post to your account at statement close. This fee will be waived until Village Bank deems the pandemic is over at which time the fee will be reinstated.
- Mobile Card Control: We shared tips to prevent fraudulent activity and scams associated with COVID-19, but if you see suspicious activity you can instantly block and unblock your debit cards. You can also set spending limits to align with your family’s budget.
- Bill Pay: Keep your family’s budget on track using Bill Pay to pay any bill any time, schedule one-time and recurring payments in advance, control when and how much you pay, and be assured your payments will arrive on time.
- Popmoney: Part of our online bill pay service is Popmoney, which allows you to send, receive, or request money from friends, family, or just about anyone with an email address or mobile number.
- eStatements: Avoid contact with mail and get your monthly statement electronically. eStatements give you the benefit of less private information in your mailbox, no hassle with paper copies of your statement, and view your statements online at any time.
- Re-Order Checks Online: You’re staying at home, but you need new checks. No problem! Order them online.
- Remote Deposit Capture: If your business has multiple locations, makes deposits after normal banking hours, or receive checks with large dollar amounts, you should consider Remote Deposit Capture. This allows you to scan and transmit check images electronically to the bank for deposit improving cash flow, saving time preparing deposits, cutting costs and trips to the bank, and reducing the risk of check fraud.
- ACH Services: Our ACH (Automated Clearing House) Origination service offers you flexible options for handling recurring payments, direct deposit for payroll that is still being done, and collecting bills without printing and sending invoices via "snail" mail. Enjoy lower costs, improved cash flow, timely payments and deposits, and more security.
- Card Processing: Businesses are pivoting to leverage digital commerce solutions and card processing will give your business the ability to accept credit cards and reduce card processing expenses.
- Business Online Banking: We know right now it’s critical to know what your business’s financial situation is. Online Banking gives you the ability to check real-time account balances, direct deposit payroll, transfer funds between accounts, export transactions into accounting software, and more.
- Business Mobile Banking: Banking at your fingertips with our business mobile app gives you even greater flexibility. You can view account balances, deposit checks, pay bills, make loan payments, approve transactions, and more. We are waiving mobile deposit fees during this time to support your business.
Must be signed up for online banking and download Village Bank’s business mobile app to use deposit feature. Daily deposit or check limit is $4,000. End of day cutoff for Mobile Deposit is 4:00 pm CST. There is a fee of $1.00 per check deposited and will post to your account at statement close. This fee will be waived until Village Bank deems the pandemic is over at which time the fee will be reinstated. Message and Data Rates may apply.
- Bill Pay: Maintain healthy cash flow by paying your bills slower than you might usually. You can use Bill Pay to pay any bill any time, schedule one-time and recurring payments in advance, control when and how much you pay, group payments into categories, and be assured your payments will arrive on time.
- eStatements: Don’t go into the office just to get your monthly statement. Get it electronically. eStatements give you the benefit of less private information in your mailbox, no hassle with paper copies of your statement, and view your statements online at any time.
Community banks’ ties to their neighborhoods are stronger AND our products and services are competitive with the big banks. That might leave you wondering, “Why wouldn’t I want to work with a community bank?” To which our Village would answer, “You want to be part of our Village!” #ItTakesaVillage and we’d love to be part of yours. Reach out to one of our community bankers or cash management experts and become part of a Village that has your back during these uncertain times.
Check Out Our Previous Posts!